Why taking our soft skills camp and performance camp this summer?
1. We will have 4 themes for the soft skills camps for you to choose from (the themes vary among sites):
Little entrepreneur (小小企业家）: Kids will learn about developing a business plan, advertising a product, designing and acting out a commercial, and pitching their business idea, while practicing and improving their public speaking skills!
Little host (小主持）： Students will get hosting training while improving their public speaking skills at the same time. There will be big chance for the students to become a real MC in future Able2Shine events!
Little reporter (小记者）Students will design an interview, conduct an interview, take pictures/videos, write a draft, and report a news/event.
Famous leaders/Kid president （小领袖/小总统）. Students will pick a famous leader (e.g. Martin Luther King, president, etc.), do research, give speeches, and at the final lesson dress up to be like them and give a final speech.2. Our performance summer camp will offer kids a taste test of stellar stage performance:
There will be 3 days of acting/sketch comedy, 2 days of singing or dancing.The class will be primarily focused on sketch comedy and improvisational theater program. It will teach students to speak and act confidently with their voices and bodies using a series of improvisation activities, fun games, and vocal/breathing exercises. The class will culminate in an interactive class with audience. At the end of the week, kids will present the short performance of acting or singing together. It is sure to be a fun and creative experience!
3. Our summer camp will help kids develop social skills, such as strengthening self-confidence, and improving speaking skills such as eye contact, poise, articulation, and audience engagement.
4. Our summer camp will help students develop vocabulary, rhetoric, research, writing and organization skills, which are crucial for academic and future success.
5. Our summer camp will help students grow as our experienced teachers who provide valuable feedback through students’ ongoing practice
6. Besides public speaking skills, our fun-filled summer camp will also help students improve the essential life skills:
leadership skills ; Conflict resolution ; Teamwork and collaboration ; Problem solving skills; Mindfulness and stress management
The summer camp curriculum was designed by our education and curriculum specialist. In addition, We’ve surveyed our teachers and hand picked the classroom-tested, student-approved activities that worked really well for the past two years. Therefore we'll have new content besides the classical activities!
available: 6/25-6/29, 7/9-7/13
Challenge School Summer Camp